Monday, November 1, 2010

The End of an Era

The era being my stay at home mom life.  This was our last week before I have to shimmy myself back into my work clothes and head to the office...I don't even want to think about it!  It's unbelievable that 10 weeks have flown by so quickly.  I feel like I just got everything figured out and was starting to really enjoy it and now it's over.

10 weeks on Thursday, Sept. 28th


 Laura and Henry came to visit on Tuesday, it's the last day time date for these two for awhile.  Henry is doing great, he's packing on the pounds and is sure to catch up with Kyra pretty soon.  Good thing, since she can't date someone who's smaller than her :)  We had a nice long lunch and I am thoroughly jealous that Laura has 10 more weeks of maternity leave! 

Henry is totally checking Kyra out!

Sorry Henry, we only have pink Boppy's at the Albers house, I hope he's not telling his therapist about this when he's 18!
Scott has decided that I need to go back to work for a pure cost saving purpose.  He had started a small plumbing project that resulted in the calling of a plumber.  When he arrived on Wednesday I had a list of a few other things...and Scott came home to find that the shiny brass fixtures in our bathroom had been changed to an oiled bronze.  He did seem to think that it's odd that I claim to be so busy with the baby during the day but can manage to get to store at a moments notice to pick up new bathroom fixtures!  This combined with my light fixture spree of last week, having the water softener serviced and hiring someone to come by to help with cleaning, not to mention the extensive internet shopping, have led him to believe that I can't be left to my own devices at home any longer.

Kyra has learned a new trick this week.  She's started 'talking' to us.  She decided to bust this new move out when I took her down to meet the Chamber girls.  I had never seen her light up and make so many sounds, she was really putting on a show.  I almost expected her to start tap dancing or something for an encore.  I've been trying to get this on video but the sight of the camera is so interesting that she is completely entrance, silent and staring directly at it.  Stay tuned, hopefully I'll be able to catch it and post a clip here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kyra you are a doll! And if you ever need some tap shoes, you just ask your Aunt Jenny!! Good luck with work Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henry looks like he is just kickin' it in that boppy. The only thing missing is for him to have his hand in his pants Al Bundy style.

    ReplyDelete