Kyra is really starting to discover her mouth. She tries to put everything in there, but her current lack of hand eye coordination makes this a very difficult and frustrating task. She's managed to get her thumb in once, but she couldn't quite figure out curling up her fingers, so she had the rest of her face covered with her hand while she sucked her thumb. Baby steps right? This new discovery of her mouth is also resulting in lots of drool, good thing bibs are the hottest fashion accessory for winter.
 |
| Sticking out her tongue is the new signature move. |
 |
| Trying to put her whole fist in her mouth. |
She is also really enjoying her playmat, she can stretch out and kick on that thing forever...OK maybe 30 minutes but it feels like forever. I'm actually able to get alot done in 30 minutes these days. She has even started to fall asleep on it. This is a big deal for me because prior to this, she never just put herself to sleep. The only time she's ever fallen asleep without a little rocking and cuddling is in the car. This is huge!
 |
| If only I were coordinated enough to really grab you! |
She's turning into a very smiley baby. She recognizes our voices now, and when I go into her room in the morning she'll look up at me from the crib and smile and laugh, she's so happy to be awake and ready to play. She likes to tell us 'stories' and will get her whole face moving trying to make the sounds she's thinking of. Along with all of these cute developments there has been one not so cute one. I had just made the mistake of saying that I hadn't had to change a really dirty diaper in a few days. The poor girls at daycare were catching the brunt of it all week and we were having really easy diaper duty at home. I had just said that I almost felt guilty when Kyra reminded me that we pay those girls to change her diapers. This weekend was officially the first time I had to close it back up, take a breath and regroup before dealing with what was inside of that thing. Wow, I had no idea such a cute little girl was capable of that. Daycare has to deal with it 3 or 4 times a day, they earn every penny.
Scott and I both had to work on Saturday morning, so Kyra had her first day as a Nor-Am employee. It's never to early to start them in the family business. I dropped her off on my way to the mall for Santa's arrival show. It's a good thing that they start early, I'm pretty sure no work got done by the women in that office after Kyra showed up...which is just how she likes it.
Saturday night Scott and I went to Kansas City to meet some friends from Scott's MBA class. They recently moved from southern California to Fort Wayne, Indiana. Roberto had a business trip to KC and Betsy was able to join him. We met up on the Plaza for dinner, drinks, dancing and all around great night. When we got home the babysitter reported that Kyra had been perfect and that she had just been up for a bottle and had gone back to sleep about ten minutes before we walked in the door. It's nice to know you're going to get a few hours to sleep off the cocktails before the baby wakes you up. Since the sitter didn't look stressed, maybe we're past the days of wondering if the she'll ever come back after going ten rounds with an over-tired baby.
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| Right after Scott and Roberto met the Jaeger Girls, you're never too old to drink like a college kid! |
This week brings Kyra's first Thankgiving and Black Friday, she will be having her own version of Door Busters. The baby sitter is coming at 7:00 a.m. on Friday since her mall rat mom has to be at work at 6:00 and dad has to go into the office as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment