It's amazing how fast the last two weeks have gone by! Kyra is already 3 months old, I have no idea how that happened. She is unofficially tipping the scales at 14 pounds now. I'm definitely feeling how big she's getting in my back and arms, I'm going to have huge biceps by Christmas. She's really getting chubby cheeks and thigh rolls, which are adorable when you're a baby, so we're enjoying them!
 |
| Kyra and cousin Wyatt |
We made the trip back to Moville last weekend to have Kyra baptized. We haven't joined a church in St. Joe yet, and with my schedule at the mall, if we didn't get it done soon our little heathen wouldn't be baptized until mid-January. It actually worked out really well to have it back in Iowa. We were able to have lots of family around and both sets of Great Grandparents were able to see Kyra again.

It wouldn't be like us to have a nice calm baptism. Kyra was asleep as the church filled up, then they rang the bells and she woke up crying. We got through most of the service, fed her a bottle and she was back to sleep after the sermon when they called us to the front of the church. This pastor invites all of the kids in the congregation to come sit in the front row duing baptism so they can see the baby. I think this is a very cute idea, however they sat the kids behind us so they couldn't see. My 3 year old niece Kylie decided she was going to stand near Scott and watch, which was fine...but then the other kids thought they should stand up at the front too. Before you knew it, there were kids everywhere, the alter assistant was trying to wrangle them, the pastor was trying not to lose focus...it was wild. The kids got settled down in the other pew where they could see and we got down to business. It was time to do the whole water on the head thing, Pastor Denne poured the water into the font, and started baptising Kyra. Unfortunately, the pitcher that he poured the water from was perched precariously on the edge of the font. It fell over into the baptismal font, which is a metal basin. In a split second I'm pulling Kyra out of the way of being knocked in the head and then this really loud clanging noise wakes her up and she's screaming! Not even the emergency pacifier calmed her down from that one. We made it through and when they intodruced Kyra to the congregation and everyone clapped, she stopped crying, lifted her head up and looked out at everyone like "I'm the center of attention, that's more like it!" She must be my kid. We started to walk back to the pew and she puked down my arm, the whole congregation made that collective 'oooh' sound. It was classic!
 |
| Godparents Justin and Heidi |
 |
| Grandma Kaye, Papa Wayne, and Nana and Grand dad |
 |
| After a 20 minute screaming jag in the church basement Kyra was perfect for pictures! |
Day Care Update - I hate to admit it, but it's really good for her. After 2 weeks those girls had her on a regular schedule and falling to sleep on her back without our normal fighting sleep routine. Kyra is a tummy sleeper, she should have been born in the 80's when the rule was that babies sleep on their tummies. Now, the whole 'Back to Sleep' thing has moms like me terrified of SIDS. We would spend at least 20 minutes in the middle of the night after she had already eaten making sure she was passed out asleep before putting her in the crib on her back or else she would wake right up. Now she eats, closes her eyes and I can put her right back down. If I put her on her side she flips right over onto her back. They do tummy time, which always ticks her off, read stories, sing songs and basically do all of the stuff I would want to be doing with her at home. She has also become an artist, last week she made a foot print Turkey for Thanksgiving. She already has a bunch of little friends. All of the other kids are a little older, so when I bring Kyra in every morning they crowd around her carseat to see the baby. One little guy always tries to help me get her out of the seat, like he can't wait for me to leave so they can really start playing. I'm going to have to keep my eye on that Trevor :) I don't think it's ever easy to leave your baby with someone else, but it does make going back to work a lot easier knowing that she's being so well taken care of.
No comments:
Post a Comment