Saturday, November 6, 2010

I Will Survive...

It was touch and go there for a minute but I made it through the first week back at work.  Monday through Wednesday was awesome, my mom came to town.  If you remember from our first week home from the hospital, when Nana comes to town magic happens.  The house is clean, dinner is on the table at 6:30, cocktails are poured within 20 minutes of entering the door and everyone gets to sleep.  We were living in an episode of Mad Men for three phenomenal days.

Kyra was very helpful while Nana worked from the house.



Thursday was the first day that we had to do an official daycare drop off.  Scott pretended that he wanted to meet me there so that he would know where it was and what room Kyra was in, but deep down I know he thought I would need the moral support.  He was right, I'm really glad he was there!  By some profound miracle, I was able to get ready for work, dress and feed Kyra and still leave the house on time by 7:30.  It may never happen again, but I was feeling pretty good about myself.  I made it to Kindercare without melting down and got Kyra all settled in her room.  Scott had to do the dirty deed of handing her over the staff and I made a head down bee line for the door.  We got to the parking lot and Scott was starting to congratulate me on keeping it together, but then I turned around and he saw me pretty much sobbing.  It's funny now...not so much at the time.
It's the first day of daycare, I was convinced she looked like she didn't want to go.

We had to have special first day of daycare shoes :)
Turns out Kyra is the only little baby at the daycare right now so she gets held by the teachers from every room on a daily basis.  After only two days I can already tell that they are getting her on a schedule and she's sleeping better at night because she's tired after a big day.  It's probably good for both of us that she hangs out in a place where she's not the boss every once in awhile! I'm sure I'll get to a place where I appreciate the hour and a half between leaving my office and daycare closing, but in the meantime I'll still be rushing to pick her up as soon as I can.

I almost forgot, it was Halloween last weekend!  We didn't go trick or treating and we only had 4 visitors to our house...not a lot of kids in the neighborhood.  But we did have a cute first Halloween outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment