Thanksgiving was fantastic, we had Justin, Heidi and Wyatt over as well as Dave and Angie, another couple that works at Nor-Am. The day was full of eating, drinking and otherwise being merry type activities, such as napping and watching football. It was great to actually get to use the dining room for something other than a makeshift nursery. My brother was the official photographer for the day and you can see that he likes "playing with angles" to really show off the Turkey. At this point, the Turkey weighed 23 pounds and Kyra weighed 14.
She is really just a happy little baby, always smiling and cooing at us and making faces. She seems perfectly content to lay on her playmat and play with her toys...so she's not even really trying to roll over yet. Wyatt and Henry both are so I'm starting to worry that maybe she's a little lazy in the roll over department, but really why would you want to work that hard just to have someone flip you back over and make you try it again for the camera. Maybe she's not lazy, she just has me trained?
I got Kyra in for her three month pictures last weekend, yes she was 15 weeks at the time but the girl keeps a busy schedule. I just got the CD back, here are a few of the highlights:
We had a fun visit from Nana, Becky and cousins Kylie and Brody last weekend. Unfortunately Aunt Marissa was snowed in up in Minnesota, that's what she gets for moving to the Tundra :) The girls like to go to the candle light tour of homes in Weston (a boutique-y little town just north of Kansas City with lots of historic homes and shops..oh and a great brewery located down in a cave where they used to lager beer). So we lined up two baby sitters for the four kids on Saturday night and made a girls night of it. It was nice to just get to spend some time out with the girls even if it was only a quick weekend. We also fit Kylie's fourth birthday into the mix on Sunday for lunch and we managed to get all three of us in front of the tree looking somewhat presentable so my mom could snap some pictures for our holiday card. You'll all probably be receiving it approximately December 28th.
Kyra has been fighting the daycare cold since she started there, it got a little worse last week and gave her a rash so I took her into the doctor. She didn't have RSV (phew) but had a bronchial virus so we got real familiar with the saline spray and suction bulb. This was just in time for Scott to go out of town for work so I was rocking the single mom routine. All of my resourcefulness was put to the test on Tuesday, the wheezing seemed worse so I picked up Kyra from daycare to take her to the doctor to be re-checked. She was just finishing a bottle so I grabbed a few necessities and threw them in my purse thinking I would only be gone for an hour. I had one diaper, a pacifier, an extra bib and a blankie along with the contents of my purse. This suddenly turned into a major excursion with a backed up doctors office, RSV swab, breathing treatment and a chest X-Ray to make sure she wasn't getting pneumonia. Luckily the doctor's office is just across the street from my office, so in the 40 minutes I had to wait for the chest X-Ray appointment I could run to my office and feed the baby. Four hours later I dropped the baby back at daycare, swung by the pharmacy and headed back to my office to start my day at 2:00. I feel like I should be getting a really good Christmas present this year! I'm also chalking alot of her lack of motivation to be really active up to her being sick, she doesn't feel good and she's tired after daycare, so I pretty much let her sleep. The last couple of nights she's slept from about 6:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. only waking up to cry and eat about every 4 hours. I'm guessing this is what her body needs right now and rolling over is just going to have to wait another week or so.
We're headed to California this weekend for Uncle Steve's engagement party! Our lucky little group will now get the chance to bring two machines on a plane, a nebulizer and a pump. There's a really good chance that we're going to get to experience the 'extra security check' on Friday. If it gets any colder here it's going to be tough to get me on the plane back. The next post will hopefully be full of Kyra feeling much better and sunny photos of good times with much missed friends on the West Coast!
**Update - Since starting this post we started Kyra on in-home breathing treatments. She immediately was more playful and is definitely trying to roll over and she slept through the night....once :) She's not lazy, just under the weather. Look for big developmental updates in our next post as I think she'll be back to 100% by then!

No comments:
Post a Comment