Friday, October 22, 2010

Parties and Pumpkins and Shots, Oh My

It was a big week for Kyra, her first real Hawkeye party, her first pumpkin patch, a visit from Nana and Grand Dad and the dreaded two month check, shots included.

I may be biased, but I'm pretty sure she was the best dressed baby at the Hawkeye party on Saturday.  Thank you Aunt Jenny for the adorable Iowa outfit, no girl's wardrobe is complete without her yellow ruffled bloomers!  The Hawks won too, so it was a good time for all.

The next day we headed to a local orchard with Justin, Heidi and Wyatt to do the fall pumpkin patch thing.  Granted, the kids are a little young for hayrides, trains and actual pumpkin picking, but it was a gorgeous day and we all enjoyed being outside.  Plus, Kyra had a perfect orchard outfit complements of my girlfriend Kelly.


Kyra had managed to stay awake the entire day on Saturday (obviously a huge a Hawkeye fan she couldn't nap on game day), so she slept through the enitre pumpkin patch outing.  It was actually a pretty pleasant experience for everyone.

My parents flew out of Kansas City on Wednesday so Kyra got to enjoy an overnight visit with Nana and Grand Dad.  I'm not sure if they got a better flight or if it's just that there are no grandkids in Omaha, but suddenly the KC airport is getting substantially more Moville travellers.

Thursday brought the 2 month check up.  We made it through with minimal tears, from either of us.  Kyra is weighing in at 12 pounds 4 ounces, and 23 inches long.  This puts her in the 75-90 percentile, which I hear is the best one to be in :)  The nurses all thought she was beautiful and that her sad crying/pouting face is the cutest they've seen.  They all told me I was in trouble, like I didn't already know that! 


We've been working on getting the nursery finished up.  Ready or not, Kyra is moving up there when I go back to work on November 1st.  I've got a few things left to hang on the walls, but we got the light fixture hung this week.  By "we" I mean that I called a contractor that I use at work and had him come over to hang it.  Scott thinks that it's too "Studio 54" for a baby's room and wanted to keep the white and brass ceiling fan. Since I wasn't going to get him to do it and I have all of this time on my hands at home, I just got it done.  I don't think he's actually noticed it yet.

Here's where I put in a cute picture of Scott and Kyra so if he's seeing the light for the first time on this blog he'll foget his minor irritation at me :)







3 comments:

  1. Love the sweater! Glad she found the perfect occasion for it! And I looooove the chandelier! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her bedroom is exactly like you described 2 yrs ago!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Carm, how could I not hang that fixture after I'd been hauling it around for over 2 years?!?

    ReplyDelete